Why Should I Join CASLC?
Why should I join CAS Learning Community?
- Special programming centered on student needs, which may include speakers from a variety of major interests, faculty/student open discussion and field trips.
- Peer mentoring by CASLC students that will be a great resource for you
- On-site study groups and study tables
- Interaction with faculty through departmental tours and academic advising
- To share and develop partnerships with students who have similar academic interests & career aspirations
- On-site community service
- Develop a sense of belonging in the university community
- Gives first-year students fun and engaging opportunities to get to know sophomores, juniors, seniors, faculty and community staff.
- Opportunities for leadership as mentors
- Residents have fun and learn from each other, faculty, and staff during our
programming and events
Goals for the CAS Learning Community
- To promote a strong sense of community among students living in the college.
- Offer opportunities for students to develop a sense of belonging to the campus and residential community.
- Foster meaningful interactions between students and faculty outside the formal classroom setting.
- Develop residential communities that promote students’ learning and personal development.
- Encourage traditions, customs, and rituals that are unique to each college.
- Engage in opportunities for student involvement and leadership.