Skip Navigation
Phone directory
*To search for student contact information, login to FlashLine and choose the "Directory" icon in the FlashLine masthead (blue bar).

How Do I Become a Major or Minor?

The Department of Philosophy at Kent State University offers an undergraduate program of study in philosophy as well as a graduate program leading to the degree of Master of Arts. An undergraduate can major in philosophy, minor in philosophy, or take philosophy courses to fulfill Kent Core requirements. The Philosophy Department is located in the College of Arts and Sciences, but a student in any college can minor (or double major) in philosophy.

The formal declaration of a Philosophy major or minor begins in the student's own college. To complete the declaration of a Philosophy major or minor, an undergraduate student needs to make an appointment in the Philosophy Department (320 Bowman) to meet with the Undergraduate Coordinator. In that meeting, the student's interests and background will be noted, the student's questions will be answered or redirected, and the student will be assigned a member of the philosophy faculty as major advisor. The Philosophy Department's forwarding of the student's major or minor sheet (signed by the adviser) to the College Office completes the declaration.

Assistive Options

Top of page

Assistive Options

Open the original version of this page.

Usablenet Assistive is a Usablenet product. Usablenet Assistive Main Page.