Apply to the Graduate Program
How to Apply
IMAGE: KentHall72 To apply for graduate study in Psychology at Kent State University the application must be completed and received by December 15, 2014 for Fall 2015 admission.
Part I: Apply for graduate study at Kent State University
The application process is web-based. You can apply at: http://www.kent.edu/admissions/apply/index.cfm?source=applynowbutton.
Letter of Recommendation Form - PDF
Part II: Email Information Sheet to the Department of Psychological Sciences
Forms required for the department are below.
- Graduate Application Instructions and Checklist (pdf)
- Graduate Application Instructions and Checklist (MS Word)
More information about our graduate programs are available below:
- Graduate Student Handbook (pdf)
- Projected Schedule of Graduate Courses in Psychology (pdf)
- Frequently asked questions about applying to our graduate programs
Excerpts from the Admission Policy for Graduate Standing:
- Only students who are interested in full-time graduate study are considered for admission.
- It is the policy of the department to admit only those students whose goal is the Ph.D. in psychology and who are considered by the Admissions Committee as likely to complete the doctorate. The M.A. degree is viewed as a subgoal, which is only one of several requirements for obtaining the Ph.D.
- The deadline for applications to be considered for fall admission to psychology is December 15th.
- Admissions are considered only for the fall semester. Students are not admitted to the graduate programs on a part-time or probationary basis.
Read the complete Admission Policy for Graduate Standing.
For more information or to check on the status of an application:
Telephone: 330/ 672-8536 • FAX: 330/ 672-7932