Skip Navigation
Phone directory
*To search for student contact information, login to FlashLine and choose the "Directory" icon in the FlashLine masthead (blue bar).

Health Services and Insurance

University Health Services located at Case Western Reserve University

University Health Services located at Case Western Reserve University is a source for primary care, preventative care and occupational health. All students receive primary care through the Health Service.  You can and should see the same clinician every time you come so you develop a relationship with a clinician who knows you and your health needs.   You do not get charged any fee for visits at the Health Service; this is covered by a health fee billed to you each semester.  Students will be responsible for the fees outside expenses such as laboratory fees and pathology.

Students are seen for infections, injuries, anxiety and depression, routine women's exams, sexually transmitted infection screening, etc.  To see what is available, visit:

To schedule a time to be seen, you may call (216) 368-4539 or you can make your own appointment by going to

University Health Services uses MyHealthConnect  (Open Communicator) to schedule appointments online (UHS only), check immunizations, send secured messages about medical care and concerns.  You need to have a CWRU network ID and password to access it.

For advice about exposures to blood borne pathogens (needle sticks), phone (216) 368-7777.

In case of emergency, a nurse, physician and counselor are always on call.  (216)-368-2450

University Health Services
Case Western University
2145 Adelbert Rd, Cleveland OH 44106
The campus map is:

Health/Immunization Requirements

KSUCPM students need specific immunizations to protect them in their role as healthcare providers.  Vaccines also protect the patients they take care of.

All students are required to submit their immunization records to University Health Services whether or not they plan on using University Health Service for their medical needs.  If your receive an immunization or TB test from another care provider (other University Health Services) you must fax or mail your record to University Health Services at Case Western Reserve University. (Keep a copy for your records.) Please do not turn your records into the school. 

FAX: 216-368-8530

If you have questions about immunizations, phone or e-mail Tim Eppich RN, Director of Nursing:


University Health Services checks students every year for tuberculosis to make sure they don't become infected.  How they do this depends on where you grew up, where you've traveled and some additional factors.  Most students will start by having a "two step" skin test which the Health Service will administer at KSUCPM.  After this first test, you will only need a single test every year. 

University Counseling Services at Case Western Reserve University

201 Sears Building & Health Services, 2nd floor
216-368-5872 appointments & after-hour emergencies                                                                               

Services offered by the University Counseling Services (UCS) include individual, couples, and group counseling, psychological testing and learning disability screening, psychiatric medication evaluation, substance use/abuse and recovery support. In general, these services are offered on a short-term basis (usually 12 or fewer sessions) to help KSUCPM students make adjustments to their personal, social, educational and professional areas of life.

There are two counseling offices on campus: University Counseling Services: 201 Sears Building & Center for Collegiate Behavioral Health: 2145 Adelbert Road, Second Floor.  Both locations are staffed with licensed social workers, psychologists, and psychiatrists who are experienced in helping KSUCPM students with their concerns.

Students are seen by appointment, except in cases of emergency, in which case, brief consultation sessions are available Monday-Friday from 9:00am to 5:00 pm at the Sears Building location.  For emergencies after business hours or on weekends and holidays, a member of the UCS staff is always available by calling 216-368-5872 and following the prompts to be connected with the Counselor-On-Call.

Confidentiality is taken very seriously at UCS; information is not disclosed to any other persons, e.g., faculty, parents, or employers, without the student's written consent. The release of information without the written consent of the student would occur only in cases of imminent danger to oneself or another person, or when compelled by law to do so.  All psychotherapy records are confidential and kept separate from the UHS medical records unless the student consents to a collaborative care plan with the UCS & UHS.

Generally, services are offered on a short-term basis.  Students needing long term therapy may be referred to a therapist or local clinic by the counseling staff.  There is no cost for any of these services, except for psychological testing and learning disability assessment, for which there is an additional fee. Joining a UCS workshop or group can be beneficial and can promote a sense of belonging and increased trust. Current group topics are listed on our website.  They include stress & anxiety management, drug/alcohol recovery support, women's issues, meditation training, coping with grief and loss, couples enrichment, healthy sleep, students with children, overcoming shyness, and eating disorders.

Alcohol, drug and substance abuse prevention & recovery support services help students achieve their academic goals, strengthen personal relationships with family and friends, and focus on wellness.  The UCS offers recovery support services for students in recovery from addiction and provides an alternative housing option on campus supporting sober living.   Information about the Recovery House at Case, campus and community Alcoholics Anonymous, Al-Anon and other recovery programs is available. 

Assistive Options

Top of page

Assistive Options

Open the original version of this page.

Usablenet Assistive is a Usablenet product. Usablenet Assistive Main Page.