Enrollment & Fees
The children range in age from eighteen months to six years. We have seven classrooms:
- 2 - toddler age (18 months - 3 years)
- 5 - preschool age (3-5 years)
- 1 - kindergarten
Our toddler and preschool classrooms have mixed-age groups. Children stay with the same teacher for two years, affording them a sense of belonging and continuity of experience. Mixed age groups afford children opportunities for leadership and support individual differences in development.
WE ARE NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE CURRENT SCHOOL YEAR AND 2014/15.
- Age criteria:
- Toddler program- 18 months by August 31 of the academic year
- Preschool program- at least 3 years old by September 30 of the academic year
- Kindergarten program- 5 years old by September 30 of the academic year
- Enrollment for all programs is blind. Applications receive a number for reference purposes.
- Priority is given to families of KSU students, staff, and faculty.
- Criteria for admission are designed to insure a diverse group of children.
- Children must be toilet trained prior to admission to all programs except the toddler class.
Enrollment decisions take place in January for Kindergarten, and in April for the toddler and preschool programs, and continue as openings occur. Once you return the completed application, please notify Pam Hutchins of any changes that need to be made on the application (address, phone, change in requested schedule, etc.)Applications are kept on file for one academic year only. If your child is not admitted for the current academic year, you must reapply to be considered for the next academic year. Applications for the current school year can be submitted any time.
Fees are payable every other Monday during the academic year and summer programs. Payroll deduction is only offered during the academic year.
The CDC accepts vouchers from the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services. Please contact your county of residence for information on the financial assistance offered through this program.
A limited amount of tuition assistance is also available through the Robin McManus Scholarship Fund for Young Children through the Child Development Center.
Click on the following to view our 2013/14 fees: 2013/14 Fee Structure