NOCTI is currently recruiting for Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) for its 2014 Revision Series. Click on the link below to learn more and apply!
National Occupation Competency Testing Institute (NOCTI) has developed and validated various occupational competency assessments. NOCTI's objective is the advancement of Career Technical Education and the subsequent creation of a workforce for America. Individuals may receive a maximum of 24 credit hours toward a baccalaureate degree.
NOTE: No letter grade is assigned to NOCTI credits-by-exam. They are not part of the cumulative GPA calculation.
The next NOCTI Exam will be offered:
October 25, 2014 (date to be determined)
9:00 am - Noon
Room 412 - White Hall
Parking permits are not required for White Hall parking lot that day
- NOCTI test may be used for college credit in an approved bachelor's degree program.
- For NOCTI credit hours to be applied to a KSU transcript, individual must at least be admitted or have been admitted to KSU and may require a minimum of credit hours.
- The rules and regulations for administering the NOCTI testing shall be taken from the NOCTI "Handbook for Area Center Organization and Administration."
- Testing costs: Written Test - $300.00; Performance Test - $350.00 plus cost of materials (a check made out to Kent State University is required two to four weeks before the test date).
- No refunds will be possible once the testing procedure has been initiated.
Send registration to:
Kent State University
P.O. Box 5190, 150 Terrace Drive
School of TLC, Attn: Shonnie Van Nostran
Career Technical Teacher Education Program
412 White Hall
Kent, OH 44242-0001
Please feel free to contact our Career Technical Education Department at: 330-672-0671.
Please contact Dr. Patrick J. O'Connor at firstname.lastname@example.org or 330.672.0689 with questions about a specific NOCTI test. He will guide you through the NOCTI website to choose which trade area test is most appropriate for you so that you may see a SCOPE (sample questions) of a test. The test name and number must be on the NOCTI application form when you submit it and payment.
For more information about NOCTI, see their website at www.NOCTI.org