Skip Navigation
Phone directory
*To search for student contact information, login to FlashLine and choose the "Directory" icon in the FlashLine masthead (blue bar).

Generalist Endorsement (Grades 4-5)

KSU Early Childhood Generalist Endorsement (Grades 4-5)

If you hold an Ohio Early Childhood P-3 Teaching License you may earn an endorsement to teach grades 4-5.  Students in the undergraduate professional sequence may apply for the 4/5 endorsement after having successfully completed block IV of the ECED program.  Additionally the 4/5 is an online program. 

The Endorsement is comprised of the following courses:

  • C&I 67095 Special Topics: Integrated Content I, Social Studies and Science (3 hours)
  • C&I 67095 Special Topics: Integrated Content II, Social Studies and Science (3 hours)
  • C&I 67095 Special Topics: Teaching Mathematics in the Intermediate Years (3hours)
  • C&I 57504 Reading and Writing in Middle Childhood (3 hours)
  • C&I 50093 Halfway Up the Stairs: Early Middle Level Education and Effective Teaching and Learning in Grades 4-5

On-line workshop (1 hour)

  • C&I 50093 Understanding “Tweens”: No Longer Children, Not Yet Teens On-line workshop (1 hour)
  • Summer 2014 4/5 anticipated schedule


  • Ohio Early Childhood P-3 Teaching License


View Summer 2014 Courses Offered

Application Information:

Application Information


To enroll in the program you must be accepted by the department, then complete admission paperwork.
These courses/workshops may be used toward the completion of a master’s degree in:

  • Early Childhood Education
  • Curriculum and Instruction/Curriculum and Teaching
  • Curriculum and Instruction/Middle Childhood
  • Special Education General

(In most cases all 14 credit hours would count.)

For information about applying for the 4/5 endorsement. please read this.

If you anticipate completing a master’s degree (there is a six year time-frame in which to do so) we suggest that you complete a degree application.
apply online or print application

If you already hold a master’s degree, a non-degree application will suffice. apply online or print application

There are other requirements for both applications. Please visit the Office of Graduate Student Services website at for further details or contact Erin Harwood at 330-672-0583 or

Text Only Options

Top of page

Text Only Options

Open the original version of this page.

Usablenet Assistive is a UsableNet product. Usablenet Assistive Main Page.