Social Studies Undergraduate
The program is designed to prepare prospective teachers to be purposeful, deliberative decision-makers, reflective practitioners who prepare citizens who will then continue to contribute to the deepening of democracy, and promote the common good.
The vision is designed to prepare pre-service social studies teachers who:
- Continuously reflect on their practice to help learn.
- Engage in collaborative inquiry and partnerships to promote student learning and continued professional growth.
- Create equitable classrooms that are responsive to the needs of all students.
- Plan/organize meaningful lessons and assessments that promote active student engagement in worthwhile learning.
- View themselves as curriculum developers who recognize that social studies content and curriculum are more than information in textbooks and standardized curriculum guide.
IMAGE: croweA IMAGE: HawleyT
Join us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/INSSKSU