Research & Faculty Diversity
Our MissionThe Office of Research and Faculty Diversity, on behalf of the College and Graduate School of Education, Health, and Human Services (EHHS), commits itself and its resources to the advancement of quality research conducted at our college, as well as the procurement of a more diverse faculty. It is our belief that the concepts of research and diversity are not just complimentary, but rather the practice of each is interwoven and integral to the other. As such, we dedicate ourselves to recruiting and retaining a faculty diverse in cultural and life experiences. Furthermore, we aim to build upon our strong research background through the contribution of a diverse faculty with unique experiences and varied research interests and expertise, and to assist faculty in obtaining any information they may need regarding research procedures, protocol, and funding.
ResearchEHHS at Kent State University is committed to leading the way in innovative and ground-breaking scholarly activity which informs and shapes the fields we represent. In order to assist faculty in their search for funding and in preparing grant proposals, the Research page has been launched in an attempt to consolidate the information, links, and forms faculty need. The EHHS Research Office is available to all faculty for answering questions and providing assistance towards enhancing research efforts.
Our goals are as follows:
• Provide comprehensive access to research-related forms, policies, procedures, funding opportunities, and faculty recognition.
• Guide faculty to the appropriate offices, both within our college and at Kent State University in general, for more individually tailored assistance.
• Encourage an awareness among faculty of the linked nature of innovative research and a diversity of ideas, and provide support for the implementation of related program goals and objectives.
Faculty DiversityFaculty diversity is an integral component of a successful university. Recruiting and retaining a plethora of individuals with diverse ideas, knowledge, experience, cultural backgrounds, and ethnicities helps the Kent State College and Graduate School of Education, Health, and Human Services maintain world-class programs that develop professionals prepared to meet the demands of an ever-changing educational and employment landscape. It is this very diversity which provides the foundation upon which cutting-edge research and learning is built.
Our goals are as follows:
• Increase diversity among faculty, including an awareness of current faculty diversity, through the commission of voluntary college surveys
• Provide resources and assistance to search committees, departments, and individual faculty members to both recruit and retain a diverse faculty
• Ensure that cultural sensitivity is emphasized in hiring practices and departmental activities.