What is Academic Advising?
Our Mission: The mission of advising in the Vacca Office of Student Services is to provide quality academic advising to our students by educating, empowering, and enriching their experiences through an appropriate balance of challenge and support.Our Role: The Vacca Office of Student Services provides advising to all undergraduate students in the College of Education, Health and Human Services as well as students seeking information about majors, minors, or certificates in the college.
Advising Model for EHHS
Required advising appointment with your professional advisor as follows:
- Once each semester for all freshmen, sophomore, and junior level students.
- A minimum of once per year once you reach senior status (but you are welcome to see your advisor more frequently).
- Must be a scheduled advising appointment (not a walk-in).
- If you've never met with an advisor in our office, your first advising appointment will generally be one hour in length, which will give you and your advisor time to get to know one another, go over your GPS plan, review your major, and answer any questions that you have.
- Most of your advising appointments after that will be 30 minutes in length with a few exceptions, such as if you change your major or you are on academic probation.
Advising in the Annex and Nixson Hall
- Please see the links on the left for information about advising appointments in the Annex and Nixson Hall.