Skip Navigation
Phone directory
*To search for student contact information, login to FlashLine and choose the "Directory" icon in the FlashLine masthead (blue bar).

Licensure Content Evaluation-Post Bac

For students who already have a Bachelor's degree, there are two ways to earn licensure at Kent State University:

  1. Complete the initial licensure program as a Post-Undergraduate student (earn a second bachelors degree).  For this option, students complete their content and professional education courses at the undergraduate level,  OR
  2. Recommended route - complete the initial licensure program at the graduate level.  At the graduate level we have either the Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) program or a Masters in Education (M.Ed.) program depending on the licensure area.  Students usually complete the content course work as a Post-Undergraduate first (based on their individual content evaluation) and then complete the MAT or the M.Ed. 

If you are interested earning initial licensure, please contact Erin Harwood at for a content evaluation.

Additional information about each licensure area can be found at the program websites linked from

Text Only Options

Top of page

Text Only Options

Open the original version of this page.

Usablenet Assistive is a UsableNet product. Usablenet Assistive Main Page.