Autism Initiative for Research, Education, and Outreach
AIREO…Connecting Researchers, Practitioners, and Families to Support Individuals with ASD
The mission of AIREO is to enhance the quality of life for individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD). We achieve this through innovative research, quality education, and community outreach. Through community, agency, and university collaborations AIREO promotes the quality and continuity of services across the lifespan.
AIREO Research Goals
- Foster new and emerging lines of research;
- Inform practice and enhance the community’s knowledge about ASD, assessment, treatment and innovative services throughout the lifespan;
- Conduct basic and applied research;
- Explore the efficacy of promising practices.
AIREO Education Goals
- Provide state of the art personnel preparation programs to general and special educators, administrators, speech-language pathologists, school psychologists, and other health and human service related professionals at the undergraduate, graduate, and continuing education levels;
- Provide ongoing support and information for education, health, and human service professionals to foster assessment-driven interventions and data-based decision making practice.
AIREO Outreach Goals
- Provide services to and partner with parents, caregivers, educators, and public/private community stakeholders that will enhance their ability to meet the pervasive lifespan needs of individuals with ASD;
- Partner with community stakeholders as they engage in policy decisions that will enhance the quality of educational, therapeutic, and related services provided for individuals with ASD.