Applying For Aid
The decision on what college or university to attend is one of the most important decisions that a person makes. The way to pay for that education is often the deciding factor on what school to attend. This page is designed to provide you with all the materials that you will need to apply for Federal Financial Aid at Kent State University.
NOTE: The priority processing deadline for the Kent State Student Financial Aid Office is March 1.
- To fill out this form on the Internet, visit FAFSA on the Web by clicking here.
- At the Web site you will be asked to fill out a PIN number for both the parent and the student. This PIN number will allow you to electronically sign your FAFSA. More information about obtaining a PIN number can be found at the PIN Web site by clicking here.
- Students can find help completing the FAFSA online at the following websites:
- Students are always encouraged to contact the financial aid office or attend College Goal Sunday for assistance with completion of the FAFSA ( http://www.kent.edu/financialaid/News/sfaeventsdisplay.cfm)
- To make sure you meet Kent State University's Priority Processing Date of March 1st, complete the FAFSA as soon as possible after January 1st of each year.
Reminder: Students and parents can use estimated amounts on the FAFSA if they have not completed their tax returns.
003052East Liverpool Campus
003062Make sure you use the proper Title IV School Code of 003051 for all students at Kent State University. If you will be attending one of our Regional Campuses, include only the school code that corresponds to the Regional Campus you wish to attend.
You may contact the Student Financial Aid Office at any time by various means with any questions:
Step 2 (for entering students)
- Contact the Kent State University Office of Admissions to make sure you have applied and been accepted to attend Kent State University.
Step 3 (for students taking summer classes)
- Students who wish to apply some of their aid to the Summer terms at Kent State University will need to submit a Summer Aid Application available to students in January of every year through this website here.
That's it! Once you have been admitted to Kent State University and Kent receives your application information from the Federal Government, you will receive a Notification of Financial Aid (Award Letter) in March or April from the Student Financial Aid Office notifying you of your aid.
To apply for scholarships at Kent State University: