Kent State values diversity, and we promote our geographic diversity through the University Award Program. The University Award Program will grant each eligible freshman or transfer student $3,980 at any of Kent State’s eight campuses $3,980 per year ($1,990 per semester) toward the out-of-state surcharge.
- Students must be a permanent resident of a U.S. state outside of Ohio and not eligible for in-state tuition.
- Students must maintain continuous full-time enrollment and a 2.25 cumulative Kent State GPA to renew the award.
- Students with a bachelor's degree are not eligible for the University Award.
- Incoming freshmen must have a cumulative high school GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale OR a 21 composite ACT score or a 980 combined critical reading and math score.
- Incoming freshman students may receive the University Award for a total of eight semesters.
- Incoming transfer students must have a cumulative college GPA of 2.5 or higher to receive the award.
- Transfer students may receive the University Award for up to seven semesters depending on the number of credits transferred.
- All students are encouraged to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by February 1, or as soon as possible to determine eligibility for federal and state financial aid programs.
* Effective Summer 2008
For more information, please contact:
Office of Admissions