Advisors in Geology
Dr. Ted Dasgupta
Dr. Chris Rowan
Dr. Alison J. Smith
Dr. Abdul Shakoor
Dr. Carrie E. Schweitzer
- Dr. Neil A. Wells
Dr. Joseph Ortiz
Field Camp Director:
Dr. David Hacker
Free Tutoring for all Geology CORE CoursesExperienced Geology graduate students and lab instructors answer your questions, beginning week three of each semester, in room 223 MCG, 11:00 am - 2:00 pm, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. No appointment necessary.
Bachelor of Science
For additional information about our undergraduate program, please contact an undergraduate advisor in Geology.
General Requirements (effective academic year 2010-2011)
- At least 42 semester credits must be taken in upper division courses (30000-level and above).
- At least 36 semester credits must be taken in Kent CORE courses.
- At least 121 semester credits of approved coursework must be completed successfully.
- GEOL 21062 Environmental Earth Sciences or GEOL 21080 All About the Oceans may be substituted for GEOL 11040 with Departmental permission.
- Requires completion of GEOL 41092, Summer Field Camp.
- A 2.00 cumulative grade-point average both overall and in the major, is necessary to graduate.
GEOL 11040 How the Earth Works 3
How the Earth Works Lab 1
Earth and Life through Time 3
Earth and Life through Time Lab 1
Earth Materials I
Earth Materials II 4
Structural Geology 4
Invertebrate Paleontology 4
Summer Field Camp 6
Sedimentology and Stratigraphy 4
and 15 GEOL elective credits 15
Analytic Geometry and Calculus I 5
General Chemistry I 4
General Chemistry Lab I 1
General College Physics I 4
General College Physics Lab I 1
GEOL 42035 or
Scientific Methods in Geology (3) or
Basic Probability and Statistics (3) 3
PHY 13002 and 13022 or
CHEM 10061 and 10063 General College Physics II (4) and General College Physics Lab II (1) or
General Chemistry II (4) and General Chemistry Lab II (1) 5
BSCI 10110 or
Biological Diversity (4) or
Invertebrate Zoology (4) 4