Advisors in Geology
Dr. Ted Dasgupta
Dr. Chris Rowan
Dr. Alison J. Smith
Dr. Abdul Shakoor
Dr. Carrie E. Schweitzer
- Dr. Neil A. Wells
Dr. Joseph Ortiz
Field Camp Director:
Dr. David Hacker
Free Tutoring for all Geology CORE CoursesExperienced Geology graduate students and lab instructors answer your questions, beginning week three of each semester, in room 223 MCG, 11:00 am - 2:00 pm, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. No appointment necessary.
Minor in Geology
Please contact an undergraduate advisor in Geology for assistance customizing a Geology minor to complement your academic interests.
Prerequisites and/or Corequisites
Most upper-division Geology classes have prerequisites, many of which will be satisfied by majors in other sciences. Please consult the current version of the undergraduate course catalog for details.
- At least 21 semester credits of approved coursework must be completed successfully.
- Course graded on an S/U basis may not be applied to the minor.
- No more than three hours of GEOL 40096, Individual Investigation, may be applied to the minor.
- Does not require completion of GEOL 41092, Summer Field Camp.
- Either BSCI 10110 Biological Diversity (4) or BSCI 20560 Invertebrate Zoology (4) is recommended as a pre/corequisite for GEOL 34061 Invertebrate Paleontology (4).
- CHEM 10060 General Chemistry I (4) is a pre/corequisite for GEOL 23063 Earth Materials I (4).
Choose one from:
How the Earth Works
Earth and Life through Time
Environmental Earth Sciences
All about the Oceans
Plus 18 elective GEOL credits which may include any non-Core Geology course at the 20000-level or higher.
Please see the Courses Offered page for the planned course schedule.