Earth Systems Science
Earth Systems Science is a course beginning in Summer 2014 and continuing into the 2014-2015 academic year. It is funded by the Ohio Board of Regents under its Improving Teacher Quality State Grants Program and by the interest and supplementary funds and services of local schools and Kent State University.
Earth Systems Science is designed to:
- be enjoyable, usable, and down-to-earth for the non-scientist and scientist alike
- enhance your understanding of earth systems science and how to teach it
- provide you with lesson ideas and $600 in free materials to teach your students effectively
- share activities that embrace the new science standards
- 5 hours of KSU graduate credit
- $600 in materials
- Summer 2014 for two weeks (July 7-10, 14-17)
- 2014-2015 School Year for five Saturdays (Sept. 6, Oct. 4, Nov. 22, Feb. 2, Apr. 25)
Additional information is available in the course brochure.
Submit application (signed & scanned) to Dr. Bridget Mulvey via
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or
fax: (330-672-3246) or
RE: Earth Systems Science, Dr. Bridget Mulvey, 404 White Hall, Kent State University, Kent, OH 44242