How to Run a What-If Audit
- Log into Flashline and click on GPS. Your degree audit will appear.
- Select "What If" on the Worksheet tab.
- Choose your criteria:
- If you are considering a different degree, you can change the selection in the first box.
- Next, you can choose a new major. The list of majors is determined by the degree you chose above.
- Select a minor(s), if appropriate. Also, select a concentration if one is required for your what if major. Note that concentrations are not currently filtered by the major you selected. Therefore, you must be careful to select an appropriate concentration for the major or your results will not be accurate. Consult the undergraduate catalog and/or your advisor if you have any questions about minors and concentrations.
- It's important to always choose the appropriate College from the College prompt, as some requirements are specific to certain colleges. Consult the undergraduate catalog and/or your advisor if you have any questions about what to choose.
- At any time, you can remove any of these selections. Simply highlight the one you want to remove, and then click the 'remove' button underneath the box.
- Once you've selected your criteria, click the "Process What If" button to see how your current classes apply toward the proposed program of study.
- Scroll through the audit to see how classes you have completed apply and what remains to be taken.
It is important to remember that running a What If audit is for scenario purposes only. If you decide to change to a new program, you must complete the official change of program form. Please see your advisor for assistance. You should also know that you cannot save a What-If audit.
If you have questions, please review the FAQs or contact your advisor.