The requirements for membership in Alpha Lambda Delta are as follows:
- You must have a 3.5 or higher Grade Point Average (on a 4.0-point scale), or the equivalent, and you must be in the top 20% of your class during your first term or your first year of study at an institution of higher education.
- You must be enrolled as a full-time student pursuing a baccalaureate (Bachelor's) degree at Kent State University.
Students who meet these criteria will automatically receive an invitation to join the Kent State University Alpha Lambda Delta chapter.
Membership in Alpha Lambda Delta shows that you are a highly successful college student and, as such, is a fabulous resume-builder. Additionally, members get all of the support and recognition that comes from being part of a recognized, well-established Society with over 900,000 lifetime members. But the benefits don’t end there:
- Members receive a membership certificate, ALD insignia jewelry, and copy of the Society’s annual newsmagazine, the Flame
- National Alpha Lambda Delta offers over $180,000 in direct financial aid to its members each year, with over $75,000 in direct assistance to undergraduate members, over $90,000 in fellowships for members pursuing graduate or professional studies, and $15,000 in awards for members entering study-abroad programs.
- Local service projects and other programs give members the opportunity to effect positive change in the campus, local, and national communities.
- Leadership programs with Alpha Lambda Delta start in the first year – start developing your leadership skills now and make your mark as a campus leader early on!
- Recognition for members doesn’t end in the first year – members are eligible to wear ALD honor cords, stoles, or medallions at graduation and members who maintain their academic excellence throughout their college career may receive additional recognition as seniors.
- Membership in Alpha Lambda Delta requires no additional time commitment.