Skip Navigation
Phone directory
*To search for student contact information, login to FlashLine and choose the "Directory" icon in the FlashLine masthead (blue bar).

IMAGE: technology


Where are the computer labs?

Kent State University has several on campus computer labs that are open for public use. To view a list of the labs, their locations, hours, and printing charges, visit Information Services site:

Residence Services also provides four computer labs exclusively for Residence Halls students. They are located:

  • Verder Hall
  • Manchester Hall
  • Twin Towers
  • Tri Towers
  • The Tri Towers lab is open 24 hours for your computing convenience! Check out our computer labs page.

How does printing work?

To print in any of Kent State's computer labs, you will need to bring your flashcard in order to pay for printed pages (7 cents per page). There are three ways to add money to your FlashCard:

  • Visit room 104 in the Kent Student Center and make a deposit via check, credit card, or cash.
  • Use cash to add money at one of the DART machines. (There are three on campus. The first is located on the first floor of the University Library, the second in the first floor lobby of the Kent Student Center adjacent to the Student Organization offices, and the third, on the second floor of the Business Building next to the computer lab.)
  • Add money to your account online (you can also check your balances) by going to the FlashCard Website.

When you are ready to print, you must first have a KSU I.D. equipped with money.

  • When you are ready to print, select from the file menu, print.
  • When the menu pops up, type your name and press enter or ok.
  • The password box should appear next. Entering a password is optional.
  • When you have completed this, you will need to swipe your card through the machine attached to the printer.
  • Highlight your name, and click on print.
  • Pages are 7 cents.
  • You can place money on your card through a machine on the first floor of the library or you can go to the flashcard office located in the student center.

For problems with printing or computer labs, please enter a FLASHtrack.

Who do I talk to about my personal computing problems?

The Tech Spot
The Tech Spot, Kent State University's computer repair service, is open to assist faculty, staff and students with the technical needs of their personally-owned computers. Located in the Tri-Towers Rotunda, the Tech Spot's certified technicians offer software and hardware support. For more information visit their webpage:

ResNet, Kent State's Residential Network, provides students living in the residence halls and Allerton student family apartments access to Kent State's computing resources and the Internet.

To access ResNet, your computer must meet certain hardware and software requirements, detailed on ResNet's website here.

  • Learn about how to connect to the internet here.
  • Learn about virus/spyware protection here.
  • Submit a ticket for support for your system.

How do I get help after hours?

Information Services' Tech at Night team is now available in 9 locations in the campus residence halls to assist our fellow resident students with:

  • Connecting to FlashZone Wireless Internet
  • Resolving Basic Computer Issues
  • Setting Up Mobile Devices
  • Answering Technology Questions

Student team members are stationed in a central area near your residence hall and work nightly from 9 p.m. - midnight. Our team is made up of students who live in the residence halls, and our service is available at no charge.

Tech at Night joins Information Services' line up of other tech support services, including The Tech Spot in Tri-Towers (available most days until 8 p.m.), the Helpdesk at 330-672-HELP and the Online Support Center at

Check out Tech at Night's hours and locations here.

Text Only Options

Top of page

Text Only Options

Open the original version of this page.

Usablenet Assistive is a UsableNet product. Usablenet Assistive Main Page.