- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program - Impact
- Leaves of Absence
- Medical Insurance
- Prescription - Caremark
- Tuition Waiver
- Vision Insurance
- Wellness - OneWellU
Employer Sponsored Benefits:
- Flexible Spending
- Voluntary Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Voluntary Indemnity Plans
- Voluntary Long-Term Care Insurance
- Voluntary Long Term Disability
- Domestic Partners
- Employment Separation
- Life Events
- New Hire Orientation
- Workers' Compensation
The following employees are currently on temporary disability leave and have been approved to receive donated leave:
University Center - Stark
Business & Finance
Communications and Marketing
The Leave Donation Program (Policy 3342-6-11.4) establishes guidelines for transferring sick/vacation leave to employees who experience a continuing disability due to non- work related illness or injury.
I. Eligibility Criteria for Receiving Donated Leave:
In order to receive Donated leave by another employee, all of the following criteria must be met:
(1) Employee must have been employed by the University for a minimum of one year and have completed probationary period (where appropriate); have no prior record of disciplinary action related to the abuse of leave time or absenteeism.
(2) Have exhausted all accrued sick leave, vacation time, and compensatory leave.
(3) Not currently receiving any other form of compensation including: Long- term/Short term disability, State Retirement or Worker's Compensation payment.
The recipient (Donee) must submit the following documents:
(4) Leave Donee Request Form
(5) Leave Request Form / Leave Request Form AFSCME with signed approval from supervisor.
(6) Certification of Health Care Provider Form- (to be completed by physician) To obtain this form, you must contact the Benefits Office at 330-672-3107.
All supporting documentation must be received prior to approval for Leave Donation. Completed forms are to be returned to the University Benefits Office, Heer Hall, Kent campus.
II. Criteria for Donating Leave- Donor:
(1) Donating employee must be currently active on Kent State University's payroll.
(2) Must complete Leave Donor Authorization Form. Mail this completed form to: Benefits Office, Heer Hall, Kent Campus.
(3) Must have a minimum sick leave balance of 240 hours.
(4) May not donate more than maximum of 80 sick hours (10 days) to a single individual within a calendar year (Jan. 1 through Dec. 31).
(5) In addition, may donate a maximum of 80 vacation hours (10 days) to another employee requesting donated leave during the same time period.
(6) Employees separating may donate a maximum of 80 hours of sick and/or vacation leave while still active on university payroll.
If you have any questions regarding the Leave Donation program, please contact the University Benefits Office at 330-672-3107 or firstname.lastname@example.org.