- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program - Impact
- Leaves of Absence
- Medical Insurance
- Prescription - Caremark
- Tuition Waiver
- Vision Insurance
- Wellness - OneWellU
Employer Sponsored Benefits:
- Flexible Spending
- Voluntary Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Voluntary Indemnity Plans
- Voluntary Long-Term Care Insurance
- Voluntary Long Term Disability
- Domestic Partners
- Employment Separation
- Life Events
- New Hire Orientation
- Workers' Compensation
Voluntary Indemnity Plans
AFLAC offers a full range of worksite services and payroll-deducted insurance policies on a voluntary basis. Having one or more of these AFLAC plans is a great way to protect you and your family members when an unexpected accident or sickness happens.Take the time now and look at the coverage being offered along with the rates to see what plan(s) can fit in your budget.
Kent State University has partnered with AFLAC to offer the following voluntary indemnity plans:
- Short-Term Disability - Provides financial protection for eligible employees by paying a percentage of weekly earnings in the event of a covered disability. Income protection is provided for off-the-job accidents (no waiting period), illness, surgery and maternity leave (14-day wait). Coverage is six months per situation.
- Cancer Indemnity Insurance – Helps protect individuals and their families from the physical and financial impact of cancer by paying cash benefits to its policyholder. The plan includes payment for in-and out-of-hospital treatments, surgery, second opinions and other costs.
- Accident Indemnity Advantage Insurance Policy - Added financial resources to help with expenses incurred due to any injury. This includes initial treatment, doctor visits, hospital stays, physical therapy, medical appliances and air and ground ambulance transportation. There is a lump sum benefit of up to $12,500 for actual injury.
Aflac has introduced new plans to offer Kent State Employees:
Aflac Group Accident Plan
Aflac Group Accident Insurance helps with the costs that arise when you have a covered accident such as a fracture, dislocation, or laceration. 24-hour coverage is available,—that means you’re covered at home and at work. This plan also includes an annual wellness benefit.
Aflac Group Critical Illness Insurance Plan
Aflac Group Critical Illness Insurance provides cash benefits if you’re diagnosed with or treated for a covered critical illness, such as cancer, a heart attack, or a stroke. This plan also includes an annual health screening benefit. More importantly, the plan helps you focus on recuperation instead of the distraction and stress over the costs of medical and personal bills. Guaranteed issue coverage is available for all employees up to $30,000 and up to $15,000 for their spouses.
Aflac Group Hospital Indemnity Insurance Plan
Aflac Group Hospital Indemnity Insurance – helps pay the out of pocket costs associated with a hospital stay including benefits for inpatient and outpatient services including an emergency room/physician’s office benefit and more.
Aflac Group Short-Term Disability Insurance Plan
Aflac Short-Term Disability Insurance* – provides cash benefits in the case of illness or injury to help you maintain your standard of living and help you pay your bills. Guaranteed Issue coverage up to $3,000. (*Individual coverage is underwritten by American Family Life Assurance Company of Columbus (Aflac). Worldwide Headquarters | 1932 Wynnton Road | Columbus, Georgia 31999
For further details, review the links below.