- IMAGE: The Kent State Golden Flashes football team takes the field during the 2010 Homecoming Game versus the University of Akron.
- IMAGE: Kent State Golden Flashes head football coach Darrell Hazell poses for a photo in the stands at Dix Stadium.
- IMAGE: Inflatables, food and music are just some of the attractions at the Fan Experience held at the Kent State Field House.
- IMAGE: Kent State Golden Flashes head football coach Darrell Hazell works with participants during a recent woman's football clinic at Dix Stadium.
- IMAGE: A child swings from a bungee harness during last year's Fan Experience at the Kent State Field House.
Fan Experience Night Set for Aug. 17
Kent State University fans will have their first opportunity to see the 2011 Golden Flashes football team – and check out the pregame tailgate in the Kent State Field House – when the university’s Department of Athletics hosts Fan Experience Night on Wednesday, Aug. 17. The event is free and open to the public. During the entire event, Kent State Athletics will be collecting donations to benefit the Alabama Tornado Relief Fund.
The festivities will then move to Dix Stadium for an open practice and scrimmage, which is slated to begin at 6 p.m. Fans who wish to purchase season tickets will have the opportunity during the game to select their seats. At the conclusion of the scrimmage, there will be an autograph session with the Golden Flashes players and coaches on the field.
The Golden Flashes kick off the 2011 season on Saturday, Sept. 3, at Alabama before returning home to host Louisiana at 7 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 10, at Dix Stadium.
Visit www.kentstatesports.com or call the Athletic Ticket Office at 330-672-2244 for more information or to order season tickets. Kent State faculty and staff receive special discounts on their season tickets.
2011 Fan Experience Night, Aug. 17, 5-8 p.m.
- 5 -6 p.m. – Fan Experience starts in the Kent State Field House
- 6 -7:30 p.m. – Open Practice & Scrimmage in Dix Stadium
- 7:30 -8 p.m. – Autograph Session in Dix Stadium