- IMAGE: Kent State beats Rutgers, 35-23, and advances to a six-game winning streak on Saturday, Oct. 27, at High Point Stadium
- IMAGE: Kent State's Golden Flashes celebrate their 35-23 victory over Rutgers on their flight home from High Point Stadium.
- IMAGE: Kent State running back Anthony Meray celebrates an interception against Towson during the home opener at Dix Stadium.
- IMAGE: Kent State wide receiver Josh Boyle hauls in a touchdown pass during the Golden Flashes' win over Western Michigan at Dix Stadium.
- IMAGE: Kent State football players celebrate after a hard-fought 41-24 win over Western Michigan Saturday afternoon at Dix Stadium.
Kent State Beats #15 Ranked Rutgers
Kent State beats Rutgers, 35-23, and advances to a six-game winning streak on Saturday, Oct. 27, at High Point Stadium. This makes it the first time the Golden Flashes have beat a ranked team in 23 tries.
Facts In A Flash
- Kent State has scored 41 or more points, four times this season, a feat accomplished just one other time in program history (1954).
- Since Oct. 29, 2011, Kent State has won 10 of its last 12 games overall.
- Over their last three contests, the Flashes are averaging 261.2 rushing yards a game.
- Forcing six turnovers against Western Michigan, KSU raised its season turnover margin to plus-14.
- The Flashes look to win six straight games in a season for the first time since 1940.
- The Flashes have surpassed 400 yards of total offense four times, a feat only reached once last year.
- Junior Dri Archer leads the nation in kick return average and all-purpose yards per game and is tied for third in the nation in scoring.
- Archer had his fourth multi-touchdown game of the year against Western Michigan.
- Sophomore tailback Trayion Durham ran for a career-high 124 yards against WMU and scored his sixth touchdown in his last four games. Over his last five games, he is averaging 101.6 rushing yards.
- Senior quarterback Spencer Keith threw his 39th career TD pass and eclipsed 7,000 yards passing.
- Senior linebacker Luke Batton made 14 tackles, contributed to three turnovers and scored a touchdown against WMU. In his last two games, he has made 30 tackles.
- Senior Freddy Cortez has made his last eight field goal attempts and a season-long 46-yard against the Broncos. KSU's career leader in field goals, he also tied Josh Cribbs as Kent State's career scoring leader.
- Kent State's offense has converted each of its last eight fourth down attempts, while the offensive line has allowed only one sack in three games.
The All-time Series
Rutgers leads the all-time series with Kent State 2-0. In the most recent meeting, the Scarlet Knights topped the Golden Flashes 29-21 in 2004. Josh Cribbs threw for 311 yards and helped trim a 16-point deficit down to five (26-21) with an 18-yard, fourth-quarter touchdown run. Kent State is 14-30 against current BIG EAST teams with wins over Temple, Syracuse, Louisville and Connecticut.