- IMAGE: A therapy dog and a Kent State student take a close look at each other during the Stress-Free Zone event held in the lobby of the library.
- IMAGE: A therapy dog enjoys being petted by a Kent State student during the Stress-Free Zone event in the library.
- IMAGE: Kent State students review information on a computer in the library. For finals, the library is open 24 hours a day through May 9.
- IMAGE: Two Kent State students study together in the library. For finals, the library is open 24 hours a day through May 9.
- IMAGE: Kent State students study and work on their class assignments in the library. For finals, the library is open 24 hours a day through May 9.
Therapy Dogs Return for Stress-Free Zone Event,
Library Extends Hours for Finals
The school year is coming to an end and finals, along with the stress that comes with them, are quickly approaching.
Kent State University students, faculty and staff can melt their stress away at the Stress-Free Zone event held by University Libraries on May 5 and 6 from 3-5 p.m. Therapy dogs will return to the first floor of the University Library to help reduce the pressures of finals week and offer a study break to students.
Jasmine Jefferson, First-Year Experience librarian, said students really enjoy the Stress-Free Zone event.
“It really gives students the opportunity to take a break from their studies and relax,” Jefferson said. “They love petting the dogs, the free snacks and the chance to hang out for a little bit before getting back to work.”
Refreshments, such as popcorn and pop, also will be provided. All Kent State students, faculty and staff are invited to attend the event.
In addition, the library is currently open 24 hours a day through Friday, May 9, for finals.
For more information about University Libraries, visit www.kent.edu/library.