Kent State University Time Capsule
What do you want our Kent State students, alumni, faculty, staff and community to know about our University, our community and the early 21st Century? This is our opportunity to pass on legacies, lessons, knowledge, (formulas, equations, and models that may impact humanity), along with artifacts, poetry, hopes and dreams!
Contribute Your Items to the Time Capsule
The Kent State University Time Capsule will be filled with 100 years of Kent State University history contributed by:
- Kent community
Collection of items will begin March 1 and conclude June 30. Items can be mailed or dropped off at Undergraduate Studies in Olson Hall, M - F, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Please label your items with:
- phone number
The time capsule is 36" x 36" x 36" and will be opened in 2060.
Suggested Time Capsule Artifacts and Items
- Photographs [not enclosed in any protective covering]
- Drawings, Sketches
- Signature scrolls
- Essays , Textbooks, Manuscripts
- Telephone Books
- Games, Skate Board, Roller Blades
- Unique Tools
- Lab Equipment, Energy Saving Light Bulbs
- “Forever” Postage Stamp
- Credit Cards
- Current newspaper and magazines
- State-of-the-art electronic equipment [cell phone, DVD’s, CD’s, laptops, DVD player, CD player, iPod, 8-track tapes/player, record player, albums, 45’s, 33’s, class “Clicker”, transistor radio, etc.]
- Homemade Movie or Video [include device to play it]
- Seeds [special plants or vegetables or “human pod” seeds]
- Forecasts of what life will be like 50 years from now
- Ink pens, Erasers, Key Rings, Staplers, Office Supplies
- Sunglasses, Eye Glasses, Contact Lenses, Jewelry
- Can of pop/soda [place in jar with secure lid or Mason Jar]
- Candy (hard candy / soft / chocolate) [place in jar with secure lid or Mason Jar]
- Plastic cup, Plastic Pom-pom, Any item made of plastic
- Pizza Box, Pizza Coupons
- Pencil recommend for any writings
- Remove batteries from electronic devices store in paper or plastic bag
Request the Appearance of the Time Capsule at Your Event
If you would like to request the appearance of your Centennial Time Capsule
at an event that you are planning, please contact me.
For more information, contact Pamela Jones, Undergraduate Studies: 330.672.9292 / email@example.com.
The Kent State University Centennial Committee thanks you in advance for contributing and making certain that our Kent State University Centennial Time Capsule is full to the top with our history, knowledge, traditions, and Kent State experiences!