Skip Navigation
Phone directory
*To search for student contact information, login to FlashLine and choose the "Directory" icon in the FlashLine masthead (blue bar).

NCLEX International

NCLEX for International Students

National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX-RN)        

One of the requirements for international students who are pursuing their graduate degree in a clinical area (clinical nurse specialist or nurse practitioner) at KSU is to get an Ohio RN License. Students need to take the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX-RN). In the USA licensing is not centralized under the authority of the federal government. One applies to take the NCLEX exam through an individual State.

Application to the Ohio Board of Nursing:   

  • The general process for applying for NCLEX can be found at The testing company for NCLEX is Pearson Vue
  • If a student passes the NCLEX in a State other than Ohio, a license for Ohio still must be obtained. This process is called endorsement. For details about endorsement, go to "forms" at the Ohio Board of Nursing. The direct link is
  • For more information, use the following link: and then select the option "Information for the Foreign Educated Nurse".
  • National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN)
  • Each of the 50 States has its own application process and unique rules. The NCSBN provides a link for all Boards of Nursing.
  • Note: In some States students may need to obtain a Social Security number first.
  • As a foreign graduate student you will need to have transcripts approved by the Board of Nursing and, depending on the country in which you received your education, you may also have English proficiency requirements. Some States handle these matters directly and some use CGFNS International
Text Only Options

Top of page

Text Only Options

Open the original version of this page.

Usablenet Assistive is a UsableNet product. Usablenet Assistive Main Page.