- Current & Future Students
Steps to follow when seeking to transfer into the College of Nursing:
1. Apply for admission to the university by completing the admissions process required for transfer students by visiting http://www.kent.edu/admissions/Apply/Undergraduate/transfer.cfm.
2. Once you have been accepted by the university and have received the following:
a. Your Student ID number (commonly referred to as your Banner ID number)
b. A copy of your transcript evaluation from the transfer center.
Contact the Office of Student Services at 330.672.7911 to schedule an appointment with an advisor to review your transfer coursework and discuss program requirements. Please refrain from scheduling an appointment if you have not received a copy of your transcript evaluation.
3. Register for coursework.
Other types of admission:
1. I am already a Registered Nurse or I am currently working on my Associates Degree in Nursing; do you have an RN-BSN program?
a. Yes, please click here for more information.
2. I already have a bachelor's degree; is there a post-baccalaureate program or an accelerated program?
a. Yes, please click here for information.
3. I am currently or was previously in a Bachelor of Science in Nursing program and I was attending clinical courses; is there anything else I need to do to apply?
a. Yes: Students who are currently taking Clinical Nursing courses at another institution and are seeking to transfer directly into our BSN program must complete the following steps:
1. First apply and be accepted to Kent State University
2. Complete the Transfer Application which is reviewed by a faculty committee to determine admissions, course transferability, etc.