- Current & Future Students
Adult Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
Adult Primary Care Nurse Practitioner Masters Degree and Post-Master's Certificate
The Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) is awarded to successful graduates of the Adult Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (APNG) program in the concentration in Adult and Gerontological Health. This Nursing Master’s Degree program helps prepare students to give broad, comprehensive care within legal parameters to adults across the life span in ambulatory settings.
These nurse practitioners focus their care on health promotion, risk detection, illness prevention, and management of acute and chronic illnesses. Adult NPs practice directly or in collaboration with other health professional in order to maximize the effectiveness of community and health care system services. NPs are employed in primary care offices including internal medicine and family practice, clinics, managed care offices, ERs, free clinics, and occupational health settings.
The Adult Gerontology Primary Care NP Nursing Master’s Degree Program offers:
- Faculty mentorship and advising
- Clinical experiences in a variety of ambulatory settings and specialty clinics
- A 99% student pass rate on the ANP certification exam since 1997
- The award of Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) at completion
- Many online course offerings
- Eligibility to attain ANCC certification and AANP certification
Kent State also offers a program in conjunction with the Cleveland Clinic. These classes are held at Cleveland Clinic Main Campus and are subject to an enrollment quota.
The ideal applicants to this Nursing Master’s Degree Program will have 3-5 years of nursing experience. Applicants must arrange for an interview prior to being approved for the Adult Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner program. Interviews will take place early spring for fall semester and late summer to early fall for spring semester.
- Lisa Echeverry, MSN, CNP ( email@example.com)
- 330-672-8788 or 28788 on-campus dial for free
In the Kent State College of Nursing, post-master's nursing certificate programs are available to individuals who hold a Master's Degree in nursing.
- Fall 2015: February 1, 2015
- Spring 2016*: November 1, 2015
* Post-Master's Certificate only
I would like to know more!
Fill out this short form below to request more information about this program.