- Current & Future Students
Pediatric Nurse Practitioner
Pediatric Nurse Practitioner Top Nursing Masters Degree and Post-Master's Certificate
The Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) is awarded to successful graduates of the Pediatric Nurse Practitioner (PNP) Program in the concentration in Pediatrics. This Nursing Master’s Degree is part of the Kent State University’s distinguished College of Nursing. If you’re interested in pursuing your Master’s Degree in Nursing, it’s time to discover how KSU can help you achieve your goals.
Pediatric Nurse Practitioners assist with health promotion, illness prevention, risk identification and the acute and chronic care of children from birth to age 21. Students in this Nursing Master’s Degree program are trained to be uniquely positioned to serve children within the context of their families in order to provide individualized and culturally competent care.
Pediatric Nurse Practitioners often work in doctor's offices, hospitals, outpatient clinics and specialty clinics, such as cardiology and gastroenterology, home health care settings and schools.
Pediatric Nurse Practitioner's primary job responsibilities include:
- Conducting well child visits
- Providing anticipatory guidance to patients and families
- Diagnosing common childhood illnesses and prescribing medications
- Conducting developmental milestone screenings
- Providing patient and family education
- Providing referrals to doctors or specialists
The Pediatric Nursing Master’s Degree program at Kent State offers students:
- Faculty mentorship and advising from nationally certified PNPs with over 30 years experience
- Program accreditation by the American Nurse Credentialing Center (ANCC) since 1992
- Program accreditation by the Pediatric Nursing Certification Board (PNCB) since 2002
- Full and part-time plans of study
- Clinical experiences in a wide variety of settings with expert pediatric care providers
- A national certification pass rate of 96% by graduates of the program
- Many online course offerings
- Ann Ancona MSN, RN, CPNP-PC ( firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 330-672-8825 or 28825 on-campus dial for free
In the Kent State College of Nursing, post-master's nursing certificate programs are available to individuals who hold a Master's Degree in nursing.
Fall 2015: February 1, 2015
Spring 2016: November 1, 2015
I would like to know more!
Fill out this short form below to request more information about this program.