Skip Navigation
Phone directory
*To search for student contact information, login to FlashLine and choose the "Directory" icon in the FlashLine masthead (blue bar).

Frequently Asked Questions

1. How do I find my advisor?

Advisors located in our offices provide general advising to undergraduate students and assist with a wide variety of academic processes.

2. I have questions about freshman forgiveness. Where do I go for answers?

Help determining whether you are eligible for freshman forgiveness and assistance in processing the form are available during walk-in advising.

3.After several semesters I've been put on academic probation. What support services are available?

Academic advisors provide specialized counseling for students on academic probation. Advisors are trained to provide assistance to students on probation or students who are not on probation but find themselves in academic difficulty. Advisors will help students accurately assess their academic situation and provide information regarding time management, study skills, and campus and community resources. Appropriate referrals for tutoring services are also available. 

4. I will be completing my course requirements soon. How do I apply for graduation?

The deadlines for each graduation (May, August, and December) are listed on the Registrar's web site. 

5. I've decided what I want to study and now want to declare my major. How do I do that?

You may declare your major and/or minor by coming to our office in 202C Taylor Hall with your ID.

6. I'm a new transfer student and need to see an advisor. Where do I go and who will evaluate my transfer credits?

Before registering for classes, students transferring from another university should make an appointment in the Office of Advising and Academic Services to determine applicability of transfer credits. Students who are transferring coursework in their major will need to meet with a faculty advisor in their school to determine the applicability of major coursework.

7. I want to take a course at another university over the summer and transfer the credits to Kent. How do I go about this?

You will need to receive the approval of your academic dean on a transient form before you take the course. Transient forms are available in our office and office personnel will help answer any questions you may have in regard to processing the form. Transient work by students who are on probation or in the last 30 hours of a degree program may not receive approval to do transient work. Grades received for transient work are not transferred; only credit hours are transferred. Credit is transferred only for grades of C or higher.

Assistive Options

Top of page

Assistive Options

Open the original version of this page.

Usablenet Assistive is a Usablenet product. Usablenet Assistive Main Page.