Dean and Staff
Meet Our Dean
Dr. Sonia Alemagno assumed the leadership of the college on July 1, 2011. Dr. Alemagno has a proven academic track record in administration, research, teaching, and service.
Alemagno joined Kent State in 2009 to assist in the development of the new College of Public Health. She has held the position of interim vice president for research since July 1, 2010. Before joining Kent State, she was the chair of the Department of Public Administration and Urban Studies and director of the Institute for Health and Social Policy at the University of Akron. Alemagno’s honors include a National Institutes on Health Career Development Award from the National Institute on Drug Abuse and the University of Akron Outstanding Researcher Award in 2005. In addition, she has been the principal investigator on research projects and Small Business Innovation Research funded by the National Institutes on Health, the Centers for Disease Control, the National Institute of Justice and the SAMSHA Center for Substance Abuse Treatment. Alemagno earned a master of arts in sociology from Kent State in 1984 and a doctor of philosophy degree in medical sociology from Case Western Reserve University in 1991. She resides in Russell, Ohio.
Administrative Staff of the Kent State College of Public Health
- Associate Dean, Undergraduate Academic Affairs - John Graham, Ph.D
- Assistant Dean, Operations and Community Relations - Ken Slenkovich, MA
- Director, Academic Budget and Resource Management - Brent Christman
- Administrative Secretary - Grace Battaglia-Hoffman
- Instructional Designer - Sasikumar Benzigar, M.Ed.
- Business Analyst - Barb Fahrny
- Academic Advisor Coordinator - Jennifer Miller, M.Ed., MBA
- Academic Advisor - Olof Thòrdardòttir, B.A.
- Administrative Clerk - Kim Yodice
- Administrative Assistant - Karen Kichton
- Educational Technology Designer - Jamie Rhoads
- Outreach Program Officer - Josh Filla, MPA
- Director Advancement, Constituent Programs – Margot McGimpsey