2015 Global Health Immersion course will be held in Geneva Switzerland this May 16-30, 2015. Twenty-Four Public Health and Nursing students will be taking the course taught by Ken Slenkovich, College of Public Health and College of Nursing faculty.
PH 40195 GLOBAL HEALTH IMMERSION, Geneva Switzerland
• Summer Intersession every year. Approximately two weeks from mid May to early June. Deadline for next trip December 1.
• Co-sponsored by the College of Nursing and the College of Public Health
• Tour the European United Nations Headquarters, the World Health Organization and observe the World Health Assembly
• Dialog with worldwide government and non-government organization (NGO) leaders in global health initiatives
• Explore the impact of government policy and private interventions on meeting global healthcare needs
• Visit the International Red Crescent (Red Cross) Museum
• Cruise Lake Geneva and taste authentic Swiss cuisine
This trip is open to all majors but preference is given to Public Health and Nursing students. More information, costs and application can be found on the Undergraduate Forms page. Deadline for the May trip is in December each year so apply early!
IMAGE: Alp Group2"The trip to Geneva really was a trip of a lifetime. I never thought that I could experience and learn so much in two short weeks. It was worth every penny and I just hope that every Public Health student has an opportunity to spend a little time in Geneva." - 2011 Global Immersion Student
IMAGE: Geneva 2014