Schedule Interpreting/Real-Time Captioning Services
Scheduling Interpreting Services:
Student Accessibility Services provides interpreting services for eligable Kent State Univeristy deaf or hard of hearing students students registered with our office. Faculty, staff, and community can request the same services for events completing our online request form.
Before contacting Student Accessibility Services it will be helpful to familiarize yourself with our below listed policies. The interpreting policies are consistent with the interpreting field.
Fee: $45.00 per hour/per interpreter
- There is a two hour minimum charge on assignments
- Cancellation Policy: SAS requires a notice of cancellation two full business days before a scheduled assignment; otherwise, payment in full is expected. All cancellations must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- SAS will look at the length and complexity of the assignment and determine the number of interpreters needed to ensure top-quality interpretation for deaf and hard-of-hearing clients and to maintain the occupational safety standards of our interpreters.
- SAS provides highly skilled and experienced interpreters.
ALL REQUEST FORMS RECEIVED ARE CONTRACTUAL OBLIGATIONS FOR SERVICE
- PROCESS: Once your request is received, the interpreter coordinator will review it and will contact you if additional information is needed. Your request will then be entered into our database and you will receive an e-mail confirmation. When an interpreter is assigned, you will receive a second e-mail confirmation from email@example.com with the interpreter's name(s).
- BILLING: SASi will process invoices using banner finance inter-departmental charges. Please enter your deptment account number on the online request form. If applicable, mileage rates will be processed as Expense Reimbursements. If you have any billing questions, please contact Shannon Cowling, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- PARKING: SAS will provide a 1 day permit for interpreters if they do not have a semester pass.
- MILEAGE: Interpreters required to travel off campus will be reimbursed mileage according to Kent State reimbursement policy.
Thank you for your request and we look forward to working with you.