- Get Started
Plan Your Program
- How do I plan my M.L.I.S. program?
- How do I know when classes are offered?
- I've decided what classes to take. What's next?
- What resources are available at Kent State to help me in my studies?
- I'm ready for my Culminating Experience or Thesis. What should I do now?
- I'm ready to graduate. What do I need to do?
- Learn Online
- Start Your Career
I'm ready to graduate. What do I need to do?
Congratulations! You've completed all the required coursework and your thesis or culminating experience. Invite your family and friends to celebrate!
- Apply for graduation! Visit the checklist on the University Registrar website for information on how to apply.
- At Kent State you are required to apply for graduation. Before following the online application for graduation process, you should review your Program Statement Form and meet with your academic advisor to ensure there are no issues that would prevent you from graduating.
- Some things to consider: Have you completed all core coursework? Will your culminating experience or thesis be complete in your graduation semester? Do you have any incomplete coursework? Again, meet with your academic advisor to discuss any potential issues BEFORE applying for graduation to avoid conflicts or issues that may delay your graduation date.
- As a final step, review the Graduate Graduation Checklist on the College of Communication and Information website to ensure you have met all the requirements to graduate when you had anticipated.
- Once you have reviewed the checklist and are sure you are ready to graduate, visit the “Student Tools and Courses” tab in Flashline, and click on the “Apply for Graduation” link. Here you will find all of the forms and procedures required to apply for graduation. Please note: If your apply LATE for graduation, you will be charged a $200 fee, or you may not be accepted for graduation in your intended semester.
- Successful graduates typically receive their diplomas from the Registrar’s Office within 6 to 8 weeks of graduation. If you have not received your diploma within that time frame, please contact the Registrar’s Office directly at 330-672-3131 or RegWebmaster2@kent.edu.