Center for the Study of Information and Religion
Center for the Study of Information and ReligionThe Center for the Study of Information and Religion (CSIR) is a research initiative of the School of Library and Information Science (SLIS).
CSIR was founded in 2009 with the goal of facilitating research on the various institutions and agents of religion and their effect on social knowledge through the use, dissemination and diffusion of information. CSIR hosts a symposium each fall semester and a conference in spring/summer.
- Information-seeking behavior of clergy
- Access to information for senior populations
- Collection management - interdisciplinary collections
- Electronic reference service
- The information behavior of clergy in the routine task of sermon preparation
- The influence of sermons in the social construction of knowledge