IMAGE: Social Media Banner
- Decide upon group or page.
PAGES are accessible by the general public; they are searchable and can be seen by anyone even if they are not registered or logged into Facebook. Pages allow for applications and the opportunity to supply more in-depth information. Pages are intended for organizations, departments, and businesses to connect with users who like them.
GROUPS are an option, if the goal is to create a small community. Groups can be created by anyone about any topic, as a forum for people to share their opinions and interest in that subject. Groups can be kept closed or secret, whereas pages are intended to help an entity communicate publicly.
- To begin, visit: https://www.facebook.com/pages/create.php?campaign
- Account creation: use personal accounts to manage pages. Facebook allows scalable access to administer a page and users can be assigned to serve as a manager, content creator, moderator, advertiser or insights analyst. Only the manager can assign admin roles so it is suggested that 2-3 people have the manager role at all times in case one leaves the company.
- Account back up and requirement: grant access to UCM webteam social media administrators Lin Danes and Tim Priester
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org for inclusion on the university’s social media directory at http://social.kent.edu.
- Terms and conditions https://www.facebook.com/legal/terms
- Help Center: https://www.facebook.com/help/
- Promotion guidelines: https://www.facebook.com/page_guidelines.php#promotionsguidelines
- How to create apps - Creating a Simple Application Tab for Facebook
- Banner image specifications: 850 x 315 px
- Profile image specifications 180 x 180 px
- Tips by Mashable: http://mashable.com/guidebook/facebook/