Manuals, Guides & Tutorials
- The Drupal Manual instructs you on how to create pages, change layouts, format your content, as well as add images, videos, tables and forms. Directions are also included on how to create and update your site navigation.
CommonSpot Manual (Survey - Help Us Improve These Manuals):
The CommonSpot Manual instructs you on how to create pages, what subsites are, how to add news and many other aspects of the university's content editing system. Note: This manual is in draft format and will be updated on a regular basis. Hate flipping through pages, using "ctrl-f" to find topics in the pdf manual, or just want a web-based table of contents? View web page table of contents.
Profiles - Learn how to create faculty/staff profiles (also included in the CommonSpot manual)
Videos, Forms and Navigation: Instructions on how to use video, forms and navigation (also included in the CommonSpot manual)
- Regional Campus Instructions: Includes information particular to the regional campuses
- Creating Anchors (Jump Links): Learn how to create links that jump to a specific area on your web page.
Tables: Learn how to use and format tables of information in CommonSpot
- Upload a PDF in Profiles: Learn how to include a PDF in your faculty/staff profile
Install Firefox 3.6: Instructions on installing Firefox 3.6 for use with CommonSpot
Image Resizing and Manipulation ( Survey - Help Us Improve This Guide):
UCM Web Standards Guides
Style Sheet for web contributors
- Best Practices for "Information For" Portal Pages
Required elements from academic web sites
CommonSpot Video Tutorials ( Survey - Help Us Improve These Videos):
- Locating a Page
- Creating a Page
- Adding Content to Page
- Layouts and Rotators
- Publishing a Page
- Setting Up Your Navigation