Ohio High School Poetry Scholarship
2014 High School Poetry Competition
1st Place - $3,000
2nd Place - $2,0003rd Place - $1,000
- The competition is open to any Ohio high school senior (class of 2014) who will enroll as a full-time student at Kent State University.
- All entries must be original and unpublished.
- Each entrant must submit one document containing three poems and a one-page essay describing his or her interest in poetry.
- Each poem should be no more than 100 lines long.
- The poet's name should not appear on the poems or essay.
- In the cover letter section of the submissions manager, please included the poet’s name, address, email and telephone number, as well as the name and address of the guidance counselor or sponsoring teacher, the name of the high school the student is attending, and the title of the poems and essay submitted. Entries missing any of this required information will not be accepted.
- All entries will be recycled after the winner has been chosen.
- Entries must be submitted between December 1, 2013, and April 15, 2014. Early or late entries will not be accepted.
Send entries to:Wick Poetry High School Competition
Kent State University
301 Satterfield Hall
P.O. Box 5190
Kent, Ohio 44242