Recycling on campus 2010-2011
Below is a summary of what is recycled on campus, directions on how to prepare it and where the materials are taken after they are collected here. Please note that this section only applies to Classrooms and Office Buildings on campus. Residential Life is responsible for solid waste and recycling efforts in the Residence Halls, Manser, and the Student Union.
- Mansfield University has begun to recycle used batteries from the university campus. This recycling effort will attempt to reduce the amount of used batteries disposed of improperly. This effort is a joint venture between the University Environmental Health & Safety Office, the Campus Services Office, Call2Recycle.org, and Northern Tier Solid Waste Authority.
Mansfield University is partnering with Norther Tier Solid Waste Authority to provide recycling services for Non-Rechargable batteries on campus. Through this program batteries can be dropped off at the Brooks Maintenance Building, Campus Services Office for recycling.
Any battery which is non-rechargeable(Alkaline, Lithium) will be accepted for recycling.
Computers and Electronics - When computers, monitors, telephones, printers, and similar items have out lived their usefulness, the MU staff will bring the materials to a storage area and place the items on a pallet and wrap them for shipping. In the past, MU has sent the dozens of pallets worth of equipment to market at the Federal Prison System in Pennsylvania or company called ezpcrecycle.
- please make sure your cans are empty and do not contain any liquid. Place the cans in one of the scores of aluminum recycling containers around campus.
Cardboard - Flatten any boxes out and contact the Building Care staff member in your building. They will bring the flattened boxes to the loading dock area of the building and will be pickup by the MU Grounds Crew. The boxes will then be taken to a cardboard dumpster for recycling.
- Request a specialized container for your area. Click link to print off directions
Plastic Drink Bottles
- please make sure your bottles are empty and do not contain any liquid. Place bottles in one of the scores of plastic bottle recycling containers around campus.
Clean Glass Bottles and Jars
- please make sure your bottles are empty and do not contain any liquid. Place bottles in one of the scores of glass bottle recycling containers around campus.
Used Ink Jet Cartridges - Can be brought to the receiveing area/Loading dock at the Brooks Maintenance building at 115 Sherwood Street, Attention Melissa Franck. email@example.com
Where do the above items go after they leave MU? MU presently has a hauling contract with Northern Tier Solid Waste Authority, the regional solid waste agency for north central Pennsylvania.
The items are taken to NTWSA Burlington Facility. You can visit them at www.ntswa.org
Manager of Campus Services
Mansfield, PA 16933