- An applicant born and educated in the United States.
- An applicant who graduated or would have graduated from high school five (5) or fewer years ago. This includes students who earned a GED diploma.
- A beginning freshman or a student who has previous college or university attendance, but fewer than 30 credit hours that Perimeter College can accept.
Note: Applicants born or educated outside the United States should go to the International Student Admissions page for information.
Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.0 or higher on your official SACS or regionally accredited high school transcript. Perimeter College will recalculate the GPA based upon University System of Georgia approved Required High School Curriculum (RHSC) coursework.
Perimeter College’s Application for Admission accompanied by a $20 non-refundable fee
- Perimeter College’s application is available online at apply.gpc.edu.
- A Perimeter College’s application is valid for three (3) consecutive terms, including the term of application.
Official SACS or regionally accredited high school transcript with date of graduation
- Official Transcript with date of graduation from a SACS or regionally accredited High School.
- Certificates of Performance or Special Education diplomas are not acceptable.
- General Educational Development (GED) applicants are required to submit official GED exam passing scores and SACS or regionally accredited high school transcript.
Official transcript from each college, university or technical college attended
- This applies only to applicants with less than 30 transferable credit hours.
- Speak to the registrar at your former institution(s) to send transcripts to Perimeter College’s.
Minimum test scores on the Computer Adaptive Placement Assessment and Support System (COMPASS) test(s) and/or eligible Advanced Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB), College Level Examination Program (CLEP),SAT or ACT test scores. Do NOT pay for expedited delivery of SAT and/or ACT scores. Perimeter College requires 5 – 7 business days to process each admission document after it is received.
- The COMPASS test requires a $20 fee. Perimeter College has a testing center at each campus.
- Visit College Testing Services for the testing requirements for admissions.
AP, IB, CLEP, SAT and ACT scores submitted must be official scores.
- Information for requesting official scores or documentation may be found at the SAT, ACT, CLEP, AP and IB websites.
Verification of Lawful Presence in the United States. Applicants must provide evidence of lawful presence in the United States in order to qualify for in-state tuition classification.
Immunization Records. Applicants must satisfy immunization requirements set by the state of Georgia.
Document Upload System. Applicants may upload most documents required for admission, except for official transcripts, test scores, or birth certificates.
A $20 non-refundable application fee is due at the time of application submission. Carefully review and complete all sections of the application, especially the residency information. Failure to answer questions correctly or provide information will delay and/or affect admission consideration.
Perimeter College processes admission documents and renders admission decisions on a rolling basis. A student’s application is valid for a total of three terms of entry, including the term marked initially on the application and the following two terms of entry. Students who wish to be considered for a term of entry within this time frame must submit a reactivation form
and any required credentials by the document due date for the desired term of entry.
Fall Semester (starts in August) — Due by July 1
Spring Semester (starts in January) — Due by November 1
Summer Semester (starts in late May) — Due by April 1
Late applications and/or documents are accepted, but Perimeter College may be unable to make an admission decision in time for the student to start classes on the first day. The earlier an applicant completes the application and submits all required documents, the greater the chance of starting classes on the first day. Late applicants may be able to register for second-half classes if full semester classes already have begun.
Admission documents may be mailed directly to the Perimeter College address below or delivered in person in the original sealed envelope to a Perimeter College Enrollment and Registration Services office. Transcripts and test scores must be official.
Mail to: Office of Admissions
P.O. Box 89000
Atlanta, GA 30356
Immunization, verification of lawful presence documents (EXCEPT for birth certificates) and non-academic documents may be faxed to 678-891-3211.
Birth certificates must be brought to the campus and verified by Perimeter College staff.
Once an applicant has submitted a Perimeter College application, an official letter indicating a Perimeter College identification number will be mailed to that applicant. This ID number is required for an applicant to view the Check My Status page and sign up for text alerts. If you are unsure of your Perimeter College ID, you can retrieve your Perimeter College ID here
Perimeter College will review an applicant’s record to make an admission decision after all required documents have been submitted, evaluated and posted to the applicant’s record. Please allow five to seven business days for each document to be scanned and evaluated before it can be posted to an applicant’s record.
An applicant’s Check My Status page is the quickest way to view the applicant’s admission checklist and real-time admission processing updates, including an admission decision.
All documents submitted become and remain the property of Perimeter College and will not be returned to the applicant, duplicated or transferred to another institution. Any applicant withholding or falsifying application data or documentation is subject to dismissal without refund.