Skip to main Content Search Main Navigation Quick Links Resources Website Social Address What is this view
- UF used to spend around $3.4 million annually on copier output costs alone. This equates to $.075 per impression, based upon 45,000,000 annual impressions.
- Print Smart provides a platform that enables UF to closely monitor printing costs and know the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) of its devices, including hardware purchases, leases, price-per-page charges, toner or print cartridges, and maintenance.
- Visibility allows for optimization and savings which are the ultimate goals of PrintSmart.
- Xerox, the contractor, is in charge of managing equipment, supplies and maintenance, increasing efficiencies by standardizing equipment and supplies.
- Departments’ only responsibilities will be to purchase and load paper into the equipment and replace toner as needed.
- Print Smart offers effective features that will stretch departmental dollars and conserve university resources.
- Crucial to the success of this initiative is correctly matching right-sized with the needed functionality to departmental printing practices. This goal will be attained through Xerox’s expertise in the implementation of Managed Printing Services.
- The program will monitor and reduce the number of output devices in addition to replacing high-energy-usage equipment with EnergyStar devices.
- While the initial focus will be on per-copy cost, the university’s ultimate goal is to decrease the consumption of paper and increase the electronic handling and storage of documents.
What is this view?
You are using a dynamic assistive view of the University of Florida site. It has all the same data and features of the original site but formatted just with assistive users in mind. It has links and content reorganized to aid assistive users and has controls at the bottom under assistive options that allow you to control key aspects such as font size and contrast colors etc.
This is not a separate text-only site, it's a dynamic view that uses unique technology from Usablenet to give assistive users better, more accessible access to the same content and features as all users that use the graphic view of the site.