Skip to main Content Local Links Search Main Navigation Quick Links Resources Website Social Address What is this view
CLAS Transfer Student Peer Mentoring Program
- Peer mentors provide support, and encouragement for new transfer students.
- Receive basic training on when and how to refer students to additional resources, such as the Academic Advising Center, Broward Teaching Center, Student Activities and Involvement, Career Resource Center or GatorWell.
- Mentors are required to treat their students with respect and dignity, and acknowledge the trust placed on them regarding personal discussions with their mentees.
- Meetings with mentee occur once a month.
- There are 2 social events planned in the semester, so students in the program can bond with one another. Attendance to the socials are highly encouraged.
- Mentors serve for 2 semesters, with an option to continue for additional semesters.
- Mentors are paired with mentees of the same or similar major.
- Each mentor will not have more than 3 mentees.
- Mentees participate in the program for 1 semester.
- Currently the program is limited to those majors in the Mathematics and Natural Sciences.
What is this view?
You are using a dynamic assistive view of the University of Florida site. It has all the same data and features of the original site but formatted just with assistive users in mind. It has links and content reorganized to aid assistive users and has controls at the bottom under assistive options that allow you to control key aspects such as font size and contrast colors etc.
This is not a separate text-only site, it's a dynamic view that uses unique technology from Usablenet to give assistive users better, more accessible access to the same content and features as all users that use the graphic view of the site.