Home Research Teaching
H. R. (Trey) Hamilton, PE, Ph.D.
Structural Engineering Group
Office: 475-K Weil Hall
Tel: (352) 392-9537 ext. 1509
Fax: (352) 392-3394
E-mail: email@example.com Mailing address:
University of Florida
Department of Civil & Coastal Engineering
P.O. Box 116580
365 Weil Hall
Gainesville, FL 32611
Structural concrete and masonry
Behavior and design of prestressed concrete and masonry structures.
Fiber-reinforced polymer (FRP) composites
Use of FRP composites to repair and strengthen concrete and masonry structures.
Durability and evaluation of existing bridge and building structures
Evaluate effect of environment on the structural integrity of bridge and building structures.
Ph.D. University of Texas at Austin 1995
M.E. University of Florida 1986
B.S.C.E. University of Florida 1983
2001-present, Associate Professor, Department of Civil and Coastal Engineering, University of Florida
2000-2001, Associate Professor, Department of Civil and Architectural Engineering, University of Wyoming, Laramie
1995-2000, Assistant Professor, Department of Civil and Architectural Engineering, University of Wyoming, Laramie
1986-1991, Structural Engineer, Bodo & Associates, Inc., Consulting Engineers, Gainesville, Florida,
1984-1985, Project Engineer, Dyer, Riddle, Mills & Precourt, Inc., Orlando, Florida
State of Florida, Registration No. 40142
State of Wyoming, Registration No. 7017
Gartner, A., Douglas, E. P., Dolan, C. W., Hamilton, H.R., “Small Beam Bond Test Method for CFRP Composites Applied to Concrete,” ASCE Composites for Construction
, in press
Hamilton, H. R., Benmokrane, B., Dolan, C. W. and Sprinkel, M. M.(2009) “Polymer Materials to Enhance Performance of Concrete in Civil Infrastructure,” Polymer Reviews
,49:1, pp. 1 – 24.
Stierwalt, D. D. and Hamilton III, H. R. “Effect of Moisture on FRP-Masonry Bond Strength,” The Masonry Society Journal, v 26, n 1, July 2008.
Brown, J. R. and Hamilton III, H. R., (2007) “Heating Methods and Detection Limits for Infrared Thermography Inspection of Fiber-Reinforced Polymer Composites,” ACI Materials Journal, v104, n5, pp. 481-490.
Pacheco, A. R., Schokker, A. J., and Hamilton III, H. R., (2007) “Revisions to Accelerated Corrosion Test Method for Post-Tensioning Grout,” ACI Materials Journal, v 102, n 2, March-April 2007
Honors and Awards
- SAMPE 2004 outstanding paper competition (3rd Place):
“Phase Thermography Inspection of Multi-layer FRP Composites Bonded to Concrete,” SAMPE 2004 Proceedings, November 15-18, 2004, San Diego, CA (co-author Brown, J. R.).
- COMPOSITES 2004 Best Overall Technical Paper and Best Applications Technical Paper:
“Repair of Corrosion Damaged Concrete Beams with Carbon Fiber-Reinforced Polymer Composites,” American Composites Manufacturers Association Convention and Trade Show, October 6-8, 2004, Tampa, FL (co-authors: Kutarba, M. P., Brown, J. R.).
- 2004 Elected Fellow of the American Concrete Institute.
- 2001 Alan H. Yorkdale Award, for the paper “Restraint Effectiveness in Unbonded Tendons for Post-tensioned Masonry,” ACI Structural Journal, Nov/Dec 2000, Co-author: David Stierwalt. American Society of Testing and Materials (ASTM) Committee C 15.
- 1999 Mortar Board Top Prof., University of Wyoming.
- 1999 J. James R Croes Medal, for the paper “Bridge Stay Cable Corrosion Protection I: Grout Injection and Load Testing,” Journal of Bridge Engineering, May 1998, American Society of Civil Engineers (co-authors: Breen, J. E., Frank, K. H).
- 1998 Excellence in Advising, University of Wyoming.
- 1998 Best Master’s Thesis awarded to C.C.R. Badger (H. R. Hamilton III, advisor) The Masonry Society.
- 1998 National Science Foundation Career Award.
- Tau Beta Pi, Engineering Honor Society.
Updated: 28 Aug 2010 H. R. Hamilton ( firstname.lastname@example.org)