Welcome to Theatre UAB!
- Winner of university theatre’s highest honors, including regional and national recognition by the KCACTF
- Fully accredited by the National Association of Schools of Theatre
- Over 500 opportunities each year for student writers, actors, technicians, running-crew members, stage managers, dramaturgs, or directors
- More than 100 opportunities each year for students to design scenery, costumes, lighting, or sound
- State-of-the-art performance and production facilities in the Alys Stephens Performing Arts Center
We figured Department alum Lindsay Bartlette Allen would take the New York theatre world by storm, since that's where she went -- but now she's capturing headlines in Chicago, thanks to the new play Red Light Winter.
Department alum Jordan Reeves
has gone on to success in NYC as a Community Manager for TED-Ed. Now he returns to Alabama as one of 16 speakers at the March 1 TEDxBirmingham conference. Read more about Jordan here
-- and find out how to watch the TEDxBirmingham events on streaming video here
We keep bragging on Department alum Tobie Windham
and with good reason -- he keeps going from one great show to another. Now he's playing Antipholus (both versions of him) in the Oregon Shakespeare Festival's Comedy of Errors. Read more about the OSF production of this play here
, and more about Tobie in his his official OSF bio
February 7, 2014:
our Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree in Musical Theatre
has finally been officially approved! From this day onward our Department will now offer an advanced degree focusing in acting, singing, and dancing for the stage. Watch this space for more details!
This is not a candid photo of one of our students! It's Department alum Britt Rentschler in her role as party girl "Holly" on the NickMom TV series " Instant Mom." The episode introducing Holly premiered February 16th.
Check out the latest issue of Fit & Well Magazine: that's Department alum Lauren Lippeatt
on the cover and in the feature story inside.
The triumphs keep coming for Department alum Luke Harlan
! Culturequake just named HONKY
, the show Luke directed earlier in NYC this year, as one of the Ten Best of Off-Off Broadway
-- in fact it's on the list as #1!
We're a bit late in reporting this, but Department alum Jonida Beqo has once again wowed audiences with one of her original one-woman shows. Her latest performance piece, Harabel, was the hit of the fall season for Atlanta theatre group Theatrical Outfit --